Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Preparing For Cold & Flu Season

IT'S COLD AND FLU SEASON. More than 300 different viruses can cause colds, so each time you have a cold it is caused by a distinct virus. It's important to realize that there are currently NO drugs available that can kill these cold-producing viruses.

There are, however, a number of ways to ensure you won't end up with a cold. One of the most important is to make sure you optimize your vitamin D levels year-round.

(In addition, there's compelling evidence that seasonal influenza is little more than a symptom of vitamin D deficiency!)

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I think this is quite true. My dad takes cod liver fish oil, which has the most Vitamin D out of any food, and the man hasn't been sick in 6 years! Once my mom and I started taking it, we stopped getting colds and flu's as well. So yep...I agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? Interesting... I hate being sick. So I think I'll stick to your advice. :) Thanks D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you posted this, I am an H1N1 survivor, very appreciative of this information! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate having diabetes and all the complications now it is easier for me to get the flu and the cold I will stick to you advice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. Antpodes Night Cream

    ReplyDelete